Based in Glasgow, Scotland
21 October, 2021
Wholesale discount: 50%
Contact our sales
A finger trails the letters across a dusty tome.
A finger points the way down a dark haunted alley.
A finger feels for the pulse of life on a long decayed corpse.
A finger scratches the floorboards beneath your feet.
A finger chewed down to a white bone.
A finger that is not there.
A finger catches a shed tear and slides it into a bottle.
These are the Seven Fingers of the Hand of Gaub.
The Book of Gaub is a RPG supplement and anthology of creepy magic and micro-fiction, fit for all game systems and tailored to retro/old school D&D in the style of Wonder & Wickedness. Written by seven authors, their concerted effort fleshes out the Seven Fingers of the Hand of Gaub, manifest through the filigrees of cobwebs and nails, false memories, and nightmares you want to forget.
Issue thirteen in the Lost Pages Spellbook Series, the Book of Gaub book takes inspiration from "floorboard and cobweb" horror; touchstones of this are The Babadook, Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark, Stephen King's works like Misery and The Shining, and so on.
- 49 spells and small tales
- 100 terrible Catastrophes to invoke when its vile magic goes awry
- 49 bizarre sorcerous paraphernalia
- 20 Monsters are bound in the book as well, together with insidious rituals to turn them to your gain
- A selection of harrowing adventure hooks, scenarions, and setups
- Hardcover, 104 A5 pages, bound in duo-tone bookcloth, embossed cover, printed on luscious Munken cream paper.
The Book of Gaub review by Questing Beast YouTube
The Gab of GAUB interview at HOMEBREW a weekly TTRPG NEWS TALK SHOW YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "A really beautiful book, full of lots of creepy, spooky spells, that are going to be really useful especially if you have players who like to get experimental with their spells"
- Ben Milton, Questing Beast
- "If a book of spells that really bend reality in dark and mysterious ways (rather than just turn everyone into Marvel super heroes) is something you know your game group would seek out, then here it is."
- Christopher John Eggett, Tabletopgaming.co.uk
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Available for free at https://soundcloud.com/etherealgirl/sets/the-book-of-gaub
The kickstarter campaign is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lost-pages/the-book-of-gaub/
About Lost Pages
Smallpress RPG publisher. Fantasy, Occult, and Weird.
More information on Lost Pages, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Book of Gaub Credits
Lead writer, interior artist
Developer, book designer, layout, publisher
Writer, cover and interior artist
The Furtive Goblin
John 'Unlawful Games' Gregory