Based in Glasgow, Scotland
Wholesale discount: 50%
Contact our sales
An Old School adventure inspired by Jewish folklore and mysticism. The adventure takes places in tight-knit but divided religious community facing the perils of orthodoxy, magic, and fear.
The module will include themes like: Kabbalah, Jewish folktales, the pre-Shoah Eastern Europe, belonging, prejudice & xenophobia, survivor syndrome.
In terms of design, we focused on critical thinking, problem solving, and player agency. The adventure is location-based, revolving around a central mystery, a town, and two dungeons. One of the dungeons is modeled after the Sefirot, and we are quite proud of the design. We have also been very lucky to find some incredibly talented people (read: they draw good, real good) to help make the setting feel real and (hopefully) quite horrifying.
First day hardcover backers get a special iron-on patch. The patch is not for sale, just for day one backers. There is a mockup of the patch in the images below.
- About 92 pages of location-based adventure, written by Yochai Gal, the author of Cairn.
- Description of the town of Kest and its important characters.
- Several other adventuring locations, and regional overland travel.
- Two dungeons, many relics, and a host of creatures, all heavy with mysticism and folklore.
- Description of the Book of the Night Wanderer, a powerful angel-summoning manual.
Beyond the Pale YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The kickstarter campaign is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lost-pages/beyond-the-pale-a-folktale-adventure/
About Lost Pages
Smallpress RPG publisher. Fantasy, Occult, and Weird.
More information on Lost Pages, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Beyond the Pale Credits
Book designer, layout
Book designer, layout, publisher
Bobby M., John O., Brien B., and Sarah M.